Friday, May 9, 2008

More Delays

Well, more delays from my favorite governmental agency - the City of Raleigh. Apparently someone has decided they need a day off on the day my hearing has been scheduled for the zoning variance, so now it's been rescheduled for June 9. Then it will be 10 days more until they can issue permits.



So, I've notified my carpenters who now have to find more work for yet another month. How very frustrating.



In the mean time, we are doing all the demo work possible, and some pretty intensive clearing of the lots. There were a lot of very overgrown trees, saplings and shrubs hanging all over the houses. Not anymore! It looks so much better already, and much more work is still needed.



I guess patience is a virtue - and it's out of my control, so now I'm looking forward to June 19 - the first possible day I can get a permit.

No comments: